Is your team answering the same three questions at the Daily Scrum but not seeing any work move? Are you overcommitting to every sprint and stuck with endless carry-over? Do your retrospectives feel like the same conversations with little impact?
Then your Scrum Team needs Flow Metrics! In this course, you will learn how to leverage four simple data points to help your Scrum Team break the cycle of endless status and move towards informed decisions, accurate planning, and actionable improvements.
Applying Flow Metrics for Scrum will teach you not only how to identify how much work to plan but also how to accurately forecast when individual work will be done in a Scrum Team’s context. Predict delivery, deliver on time.
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Leverage metrics for accurate Sprint Planning
- Use forecasts in Daily Scrum to organize around work in progress
- Track progress toward critical dates and deliverables
- Identify opportunities for measurable team improvements
- Tools for Product Backlog Item refinement to increase flow
Who Should Attend
The Applying Flow Metrics for Scrum course is for anyone who wants to leverage data to improve their Scrum practices. This includes developers, testers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners or leaders who want better transparency into the health and performance of their team.
- Flow Metrics: WIP, Work Item Age, Cycle Time and Throughput
- Application to Scrum Events (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective)
- Flow Analytics: Cumulative Flow Diagrams (CFDs), Scatterplots and Monte Carlo
- How to Get Started: What data to collect, how to mine your data
After taking the course, you will have an opportunity to validate that you understand Flow Metrics for Scrum topics. We will invite you to take an online assessment that evaluates your understanding and provides you with guidance on areas to improve. Should you pass the assessment, you will receive the “Professional Flow Metrics for Scrum” (PFMS) certification and will be issued credentials through Credly.
A great way to socialize this course with your peers, co-workers, and managers when exploring different opportunities for professional development and training. A concise overview of the course objectives, topics, and our validated learning approach – this brochure can easily help you explain the return on investment and positive impact that having an AFMS course under your belt will bring to both you and your organization! Click HERE to download
A great way to get ready for the course is to read Flow Metrics for Scrum Teams, The Kanban Guide, and The Kanban Pocket Guide.
Saturday 9:00 – 14:00 CEST
Saturday 15:00 – 20:00 CEST Live Virtual