Using the Google Translate Plug-in to Take the Assessment
Many people taking our assessment have been successful in using the Google Translate plug-in to take the test in their native languages.
Follow the steps below to get set up using the plug-in.
Configuring the Chrome Plug-in for Google Translate
You need to install the Google Translate Plug-in Extension for Chrome. There are two options for doing this:
Option 1 – Install the plug-in via the Chrome store
– Navigate directly to the plug-in within the Chrome web store HERE – Click the Add to Chrome button to install the plug-in
Option 2 – Install the plug-in through the menus in Chrome
1. Click the Settings button
2. Select More Tools
3. Select Extensions
4. Search for Google Translate
5. Click the Add to Chrome button
Whether you chose Option 1 or Option 2, you should see the following message in the upper right side of your Chrome browser window
How to take the assessment and enable translation during the test
1. Go to our Certification page and purchase the Professional Kanban I (PK I) assessment
2. Once you have purchased the PK I assessment, you will receive an email with a link to take the assessment along with a personal access code to access the exam. You should receive your email within one business day of purchase.
3. Once you have purchased you assessment and have your access code available, you can proceed directly to take the PK I assessment HERE
4. Enter your passcode and click Continue
5. You will see the starting page for the assessment with a summary and instructions. Proceed through until you see your first question displayed.
6. Please note – Now that you see your first question, you can enable the Google Translate plug-in and it will remain enabled throughout the rest of the assessment. If you enable the plug in on any of the screens before the first assessment question appears, you will need to enable it again after the first question appears.
7. Click the Translate Icon in the upper right corner of your Chrome toolbar (the example image of where to find the icon is above)
8. Click Translate This Page
9. The Translate toolbar will now appear. elect the language that you wish to use:
10. The questions are now being translated and you can proceed thrugh the assessment as normal. The toolbar will remain visible until you choose to close it out.
Helpful Tip – As you are taking your assessment using the Google translate plug-in, you can hover over any piece of text on the screen to see the original question/answer in English. We recognize that not all translations will be perfect and seeing the original text may be helpful. You can even submit an improved translation right into the plug-in if you’d like!